Friday, April 10, 2009

Grilled Vegetable Kabobs

,
Organic Vegetable Kabobs

Lunch today was grilled vegetable kabobs. I had five mushrooms that just wouldn't fit into my dehydrator (I was drying 2 lbs. of button mushrooms), plus some leftover cherry tomatoes, and an abundance of squash and onions that just needed to be used up.

After cleaning the vegetables and skewering them onto skewers, I rubbed them with some organic Italian dressing just to add a bit of flavor and to keep them from sticking to the grill. You could use whatever dressing or oil strikes your fancy. Salt and pepper are optional (I did without and the flavor was wonderful).

The idea is to grill the kabobs on a heat that will cook the vegetables all the way through without burning them. My grill was hovering around the 300 degree Fahrenheit range. Turn the kabobs frequently to insure even cooking and no burning, though a bit of browning is tasty, but black is not (nor is it good for you!).

You can eat these hot on the side or serve over your choice of whole grain goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment